Notification of Copyright and Intellectual Property Infringement
Effective date: May 25, 2018
Brown Paper Tickets responds to notices of alleged copyright and intellectual property infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable intellectual property laws. Please be aware that copies of any legal notices may be sent to one or more third parties who may make it available to the public.
Before you file any notification with Brown Paper Tickets, we strongly encourage you to contact the Event Organizer or Brown Paper Tickets account holder to see if you can resolve the infringement issue directly. In most cases, the Event Organizer or account holder provides contact information on their Brown Paper Tickets event page or their account page. If there is no contact information available, you can contact our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we may be able to help you get in contact with the account holder.
How to Notify Brown Paper Tickets of Infringement
If you are a copyright or intellectual property owner, or an authorized agent thereof, and believe that any user of Brown Paper Tickets has infringed on your copyright or other intellectual property, you may submit a notification to Brown Paper Tickets in writing (email, regular mail, or fax), pursuant to the DMCA, by filing a notice of infringement in compliance with these steps:
- Identify in detail the copyrighted work or other property that you believe is being infringed on;
- Provide evidence that you own the copyright or intellectual property. For example, the location where the original, or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work, exists, and where Brown Paper Tickets can confirm its existence;
- Describe the exact location on the Brown Paper Tickets website of the content that you claim is infringing upon your property, for example the URL. Provide sufficient detail to permit Brown Paper Tickets to find and positively identify where the content is located;
- Describe the nature of the content by providing a description of the specific item on the Brown Paper Tickets website that is infringing upon your copyright. For example, describe if the infringement is an image, a link, all or a portion of the text, etc.;
- Provide/Include your name, address, telephone number and email address; and
- Include all of the following statements (as required by law under the DMCA);
- that you believe in good faith that the use of the content that you claim infringes your copyright is not authorized by law, or by the copyright owner, or such owner's agent; and
- that all of the information contained in your Infringement Notice is accurate; and
- under penalty of perjury, that you are either the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
- Provide a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or an authorized agent;
- Send the written communication by one of the following methods:
Subject Line: DMCA Infringement Notification
Brown Paper Tickets
Attn. Legal Department
220 Nickerson St.
Seattle, WA 98109
Please note that you may be liable for damages, including any costs and attorney fees, if you materially misrepresent that a Brown Paper Tickets user is infringing your copyright(s). Please be sure that content on the Brown Paper Tickets website actually infringes on your copyright before you file a notice of infringement, and if there is any doubt, you should first contact an attorney.